- On August 1, 2019 Universal Orlando announced that they would be opening a new park, Epic Universe. Since then there hasn’t been a lot of information released about Universal’s fourth gate, but today that changed! We now know the confirmed names of each of the five universes as well as some of the details on the park’s central universe, Celestial Park. They are developing 750 acres of land in Orlando, which is more than double the size of EPCOT in neighboring Walt Disney World.
Celestial Park will be the center hub of the park and will be the home of several attractions and a new dining location. The far end of Celestial Park will be the home of the new Helios Grand Hotel. Celestial Park will also be the entrance to the park’s other four universes or lands, The Wizarding World of Harry Potter Ministry of Magic; Super Nintendo World; How to Train Your Dragon Isle of Berk and the Dark Universe.
Three New Hotels
The Helios Grand Hotel will sit at the end of Celestial Park and will feature a dedicated entrance into the park. Many of the hotel’s 500 Mediterranean-inspired rooms will feature views of Epic Universe. An opening date for the Helios Grand Hotel have yet to be announced.
In late 2023, details were released for the two new Prime Value resorts coming to Universal Orlando. Reservations are now open for the Stella Nova Resort, opening 1/21/25, and the Terra Luna Resort, opening on 2/25/25. Both of these space inspired resorts will be located outside of the Epic Universe park gates.
Guests of all ages will be able to ride lions, dragons, peacocks, bears and more on the new Constellation Carousel. The ride will feature single and double rider options that Universal is calling “guest carriages.” Each carriage will turn 360 degrees while lifting riders up to 6 feet in the air. It will sit under a Star Tracker that features a rotating celestial star pattern.
The new dual-launch racing coaster Starfall Racers will reach heights of 133 ft. Guests riding Starfall Racers will “board a comet and rocket to the furthest reaches of the stars.” Starfall Racers will have no external track lighting at night, so “the fully illuminated ride vehicles appear as comets shooting across the night sky above Celestial Park.” This 5,000 ft long ride features an inverted crisscross called the Celestial Spin. Starfall Racers has a confirmed height requirement of 48″.
Unique Dining Locations
When dining at Atlantic, a full service dining location offering steak and seafood, guests will be sat “inside glass walls reminiscent of an enormous Victorian aquarium, where starfish dwell peacefully with serene, illuminated fish swimming above you.” The dining location will also be the home of the Aquaria Bar. The menu for this full service location has not yet been posted.
The Blue Dragon Pan-Asian Restaurant will transport guests to an bustling “outside” courtyard that features glowing lanterns, a streetscape with neon lights, and a Pan-Asian menu. The cityscape will feature easter eggs of Celestial Park, so guests will want to keep an eye out while dining! The Blue Dragon will also be the home of the Tiger Bar. The menu for this full service location has not yet been posted.
The “Nintendo Super Star Store” will be located in Celestial Park, just outside of the entrance of Super Nintendo World. There guests will be able to purchase Nintendo clothing and toys.
The Other Universes
As previously mentioned, the park’s other four universes will be accessible from Celestial Park when Epic Universe opens in 2025. While Universal held off on sharing in depth details on these new lands, they did confirm some basic details as well as confirm the names of three of the lands:
- Super Nintendo World, which was confirmed as an Epic Universe land in February 2023, will be the East Coast home of the Mario Kart and Donkey Kong Country rides.
- The Wizarding World of Harry Potter’s new area was officially confirmed as being the Ministry of Magic in today’s release. It was also announced that the land’s time frame will cover “1920s Paris to the 1990s British Ministry, and explore international wizarding communities and the magic that connects them.“
- How to Train Your Dragon Isle of Berk, had been an unconfirmed rumor until today. Universal also confirmed that while visiting Berk guests can “take to the skies and soar with dragons as you explore the colorful Viking village.. and take part in wild boat battles, feast like a Viking and more.”
- Another confirmed land as of today is the Dark Universe. Universal also shared this section of the park will be “where guests encounter everything from the experiments of Dr. Victoria Frankenstein to the shadowy landscape where monsters roam in a world of myth and mystery. “
New Video Series
As part of today’s announcements, Universal released a seven-minute long video “Introducing Universal Epic Universe.” This is the first installment of a new video series that will showcase Epic Universe and features the creative team behind Universal Orlando’s new park.
Tell us what ride or dining location you are the most excited to see when Epic Universe opens in 2025! Make sure you follow GNN on Facebook, Twitter, and our website for more updates on Epic Universe and all your Geek News needs.
Do you want to be one of the first people to visit Universal’s Epic Universe? GNN staff members Autumn and Jon Hile are both experienced travel agents at Pirate and Mermaid Vacations. PMV specializes in Disney and Universal vacations, to learn more about their agency visit their website.