Whether I say “engage” or “punch it” before mashing down the accelerator, I imagine my favorite geeky fictional vehicles like anyone else! Akin to varying types of cars — the “sports car”, the “house on wheels”, etc — geeky fictional vehicles can take you anywhere you want and appear absolutely stylish. In my wildest daydreams, my humorous imaginings, and because I’m a geeky/nerdy fellow and this is what occupies my mind beyond adulting, let’s explore five fictional vehicles and the “Hottest Geekiest Rides” categories they fit!
1. “DAD’S DREAM RIDE”
This category depicts only the most classy of fictional vehicles, yet with a mix of reality. You take this one out and prepare to dazzle eyes and show off your sporty taste.
- Audi R8 Spyder 5.2 Quatro
- At $161,000 in 2010 money ($222,858.33 in today’s dollar), the old man would have to cash in the family’s 401k, and sell a kidney, to afford this! But by golly this dream car is-… Well, a dream! Tony Stark drove this in Iron Man 2 (2010) carrying on from his previous Audi R8 model (a non-convertible) from the previous movie. An article from CNet dating back to 2010 says the Spyder is the “first open-top Audi supercar, which has a top speed of 195 mph”; featuring also thermal resistant leather seats, and a “Bluetooth system with a seat belt mounted microphone that operates clearly even with the top down”! It’s sleek, elegant, and maybe a bit sexier than the Iron Man suit!
2. THE “SMART CAR”
It has smart features for your most basic needs on the road: automated parking, communication between other smart cars, the ability to integrate with various applications and tech not attached to the vehicle. There’s one car which perfectly fits this category!
- State of the art in artificially intelligent computer-based defense technology, it is literally a smart car! It had turbo boost, nanotech cloaking, smokescreen,in-seat medical diagnosis, and so much more. And like some of today’s smart cars, K.I.T.T. had keyless entry/ignition! With how advanced and computerized cars are becoming in these golden years of the twenty-first century, it’s a wonder we don’t have K.I.T.T. voice actor William Daniels narrating every function for us via computer AI. That said, K.I.T.T. was more than a car; he was a pal! And if we can get artificial intelligence to write our essays for us and chat in instant messages like a living person, K.I.T.T. isn’t nearly so fictional an idea as he seemed on TV.
3. THE “SPORT UTILITY VEHICLE”
It’s big, it intimidates, it guzzles gas like a fish guzzles water! But this category of fictional vehicle will impress upon other drivers that you mean business whatever the terrain you travel!
- Tumbler Batmobile
- Also called a “black-… tank!” This bat car could book over various grounds; paved and gritty alike. What’s more, it would scare the crap out of any opposing forces trying to stop you from delivering justice. Armed with a variety of features perfect for the nightly crime fighter — mini explosive mines, stealth mode, and small-scale rocket launcher to obliterate obstructions ahead — the Tumbler will get you to your destination.
4. THE “HAUNTED HAYRIDE TOUR” VEHICLE
The kind of ride which is perfect for taking the kids on a spooky tour somewhere! Maybe beaten up a bit, but that adds to the charm of this fictional vehicle.
- This classy chassis is the ideal way to escort people to the most haunted spots! You take a ride in the Ecto-1, you’re going to see crap that’ll turn you white. And with our love of haunted hayrides and haunted building tours, you’ll want to go in something safe. Something which offers protection from otherworldly forces; be it an array of proton packs or ghost traps.
5. THE “FAMILY CAMPER/HOUSE ON WHEELS”
It’s pretty clear what this category is all about: the vehicle which both gets you places and hauls the fam! You’re not just going from A to B or on a simple jaunt; you’re in for a life on the road. And only one fictional vehicle best fits this category.
- Millennium Falcon
- The perfect choice for the entire family! You have room for your pilot and co-pilot, plus the rest of the gang. All in a huge beast of a vehicle ready to make tracks. The Millennium Falcon has all you need: room to stretch out, medical bay, sleeping quarters (surely with room to spread out a few sleeping bags), and a gaming table! Hit every diner, drive-in, and dive in space or see the capitol!
Like the old phrase basically says: “I’d drive it like I stole it!” These picks fit their respective categories perfectly. Money and reality aside, I would own and drive these fictional vehicles to my heart’s content. I’ll have to settle for doing so in my mind’s eye.
What geeky fictional vehicle suits you most? Comment below! Check out this Geek News Now article about Geeky Commerce vs Geek E-Commerce! Also, subscribe to Geek News Now and give its Facebook page a like!