The moment is finally here, fellow Pokémon Trainers. Ash Ketchum’s journey to become a Pokémon Master is at hand. Pokemon Journeys: The Series showcased Ash’s journey throughout the course of the main series.
Ash reunited with not only a majority of his Pokémon, but the friends he made along the way. Traveling alongside new friends, Goh and Chloe, Ash competed in the Pokémon World Coronation Tournament. After having faced many losses and struggles, the young trainer from Pallet Town finally makes it to the Masters 8. This featured the top 8 ranked trainers to compete for the title of World Champion.
So, we at GNN will be going over the young Kantonian’s journey to the World Coronation Championship. Note, this article will contain spoilers regarding the current events in Journeys. Be sure to check it out if you haven’t, it really tells an amazing story.
So, with that out of the way, let’s get started.
Ash Ketchum’s Best Pokémon Team:
During his travels, Ash Ketchum managed to find some of, in my opinion, the best Pokémon he could ever have:
1. Dragonite- Meeting Dragonite as a Dragonair, Ash tutored it to fly with its new wings. While battling Team Rocket, it saved Ash by evolving, and defeating the Rocket trio. In addition, Dragonite learned to harness a variety of dragon-type moves and come up with its own techniques.
2. Gengar- Abondoned by a previous trainer, Gengar, at first, grew mischiveous. It despised its previous trainer, and shied away from Ketchum time and time again. However, it eventually warmed up to him after battling Team Rocket, earning its trust. Additionaly, Gengar also acquired the Gigantimax factor after meeting Galar gym leader, Allister, and obtaining Max Mushrooms.
3. Lucario- Hatched as a Riolu, it previously ignored Ash Ketchum, and went to train on its own. However, after failing to battle a wild Onix, Riolu learned to trust Ash, and formed a unique bond. During the battle against Macro Cosmos’ Chairman Rose, Riolu evolved into a Lucario, and bested the chairman’s Pokémon. Lucario later gained Mega Evolution, and (after training with Ash’s Greninja from Kalos) Max Aura Bond. With the short time spent together, Ash’s Lucario could possibly be his strongest Pokémon, next to Pikachu.
4. Sirfetch’d- Sirfetch’d started as a Galarian Farfetch’d with quite the haughty temper. It ignored orders during battle, and even gave Ash and friends the col shoulder. However, Ash eventually understood its goal of becoming a leek master. Through this, it evolved during a battle against Rinto’s Gallade.
5. Dracovish- After ressurection, Dracovish had a tendecy to bite Ash’s head. It had a goofy personality, but became good friends with its trainer after earning the fossil Pokémon’s trust.
In addition to Pikachu, Ash Ketchum used this team to reach the Top 8 of the World Coronation Tournament.
World Coronation Masters 8:
The Top 8 Coronation trainers were revealed. With fierce opponents ahead, let’s take a look at those Ash will be competeing against:
Rank 1. Leon: The Galar League Champion. Leon stands as the current World Coronation Champion, waiting for the day he can battle Ash. He originally challenged Ash in a prior episode, testing why Pikachu didn’t need a Dynamax Band to Gigantimax. After defeating him, Leon gave Ash a spare band, and welcomed him to compete in the masters tournament.
Rank 2. Cynthia: The Sinnoh League Champion, she earned her position in the Masters Top 8, alongside her signature Pokémon, Garchomp.
Rank 3. Steven Stone: The Hoenn League Champion, Steven Stone competes in the top 8, alongside his shniy Mega Metagross.
Rank 4. Lance: The Indago League Champion of Kanto. He made an early appearence in Journeys, accompanied by his Red Gyarados.
Rank 5. Diantha: Holding the title of Kalos League Champion, she entered the Top 8. Alongside her Mega Gardevoir, she aims to become champion of the World Coronation Series.
Rank 6. Alain: While his goal as a Mega Evolution Challenger and Kalos Champion still stands, he joined the Masters 8, alongside his Mega Charizard X.
Rank 7. Iris: One of Ash Ketchum’s prior travel companions, she became the Unova League Champion after Black and White the Series, and a master of dragons. Her Axew also became a Haxorus, fully realizing its dream of evolving.
With Ash Ketchum ranking as #8 in the Tournament, here’s hoping he earns that new Champion title.
Where Can I watch Journeys?
Right now, Pokémon Journeys: The Series is airing on Netflix as the three seperate parts. Pokémon TV currently holds the first 48 episodes. Although the latest episodes aren’t available regarding the World Coronation Chamnpionship, i’m sure those episodes will air soon.
Do you think Ash can win in this tournament? Considerning he possess Z-Moves for Pikachu, Mega Evolution for Lucario, and Gigantimaxing for Gengar, hopefully. Let us know down in the comments below and tell us what you think. Also, be sure to check out our Facebook page, as we keep our viewers up-to-date on the latest happenings. As always, Stay Geeky, trainers!