Pokémon Sword and Shield released for the Nintendo Switch on November 19th of 2019. The game featured a slew of content available for all Pokémon trainers to enjoy, as they explore the Galar region. Everything from Galar, the Isle of Armor, and the Crown Tundra were ready to explore by October 22nd, last year.
Now, this all seems overwhelming. But, rest assured that we will cover some of what it takes to absolutely complete your copy of Pokémon Sword and Shield.
Gotta Catch ‘Em All!
Living up to it’s name, it is possible to catch all available Pokémon in Sword and Shield, but this requires both games. Reason for this, is mainly due to game exclusives. However, that’s just the tip of the iceberg. In order to fully complete your Pokédex, you would need to be able to register the following Pokémon:
- Regional variants; This includes Alolan, Galarian, and Kantonian.
- Alternate forms; Some of these include Mimikyu’s ‘Busted’ form, or Eiscue’s ‘Noice Face’ form. G-Max Pokémon are included, and can be easily obtained either through Max Raid battles, or feeding specific ones G-Max Soup. Hardest part about this would be Alcremie, and its 63 alternate forms. Don’t forget to factor in genders.
Time consuming as it may be, it can be done with enough time and effort. Moving on, let’s discuss the trickiest part of the game.
Pokémon Sword and Shield Curry-dex;
Yes! There is a secondary Pokédex, though not as important as the primary one, known as the Curry-dex. As if it were a nod to the classic games of Red and Blue, there are a total of 151 Curry recipes.
Each recipe requires specific berries and ingredients. Since there are a variety of Curry available, the list will be provided here, in order to view how each is made. Each ingredient is available from a Seller, the Isle of Armors dojo refrigerator, or interacting with players in the overworld by connecting to the internet. In addition, there are some ingredients that are game exclusive items, so unless you have both copies, you’ll need to consider trading items with a friend.
Indeed, the Curry-dex is one of the somewhat difficult things to accomplish in this game. The hardest part about the Curry-dex, however, is the final Curry dish; Gigantamax Curry. Although it may sound easy, the main ingredient, Gigantamix is hard to find. I’d say you would have to do well over a dozen or so Max Raid Battles in order to find this secret ingredient.
Dressing up to the Max;
Another way to complete the game is to do the one thing that will make your wallet cry; shopping. Visiting all the boutiques might seem simple enough, but that’s just the beginning. In order to truly obtain all available clothes, the following include visiting a few people:
- The Designer; A strapping gentleman that will give special clothes if you speak to him after the Galar Star Tournament, and show him both Regidrago and Regieleki.
- Peony; Gifts you both regular and gold Crown Tundra outfits upon completing all Crown Tundra quests.
- Peonia; Peony’s daughter gifts a variety of special eyewear depending on how many Dynamax Adventures you complete.
- Scientists at both DLC gates; Each Scientist will give you a special cap and crown. Each crown is available upon completing both Pokédexes. As for the caps, you would need to have both Meltan (Pokémon Go/Let’s Go!) and Zarude in your party to receive special caps.
- Special NPCs; There will be a variety of NPCs during your journey throughout Galar. Be sure to look carefully for them, as they can give special clothes after showing them specific things.
In addition to this, you will also recieve special style cards from the Isle of Armor DLC rival, giving you more options for more outfits. And, that about covers it for clothes in Sword and Shield. Let’s move on to the next topic of discussion; The Battle Tower.
Pokémon Sword and Shield’s Battle Tower Challenge;
This challenge for 100%’ing your game would of course involve the strictest battles yet. As you can expect just like prior games, your Pokémon will be reset to lvl. 50. While you are able to challenge the tower as many times as you like, it’s best to be fully prepared.
While here, you can receive a Type: Null, along with its respective type-changing items. Reaching Rank 4 and above will also grant you a variety of rewards, such as the IV Checker in your PC, amongst other things. Mainly, for me, my goal was to reach Master Ball rank, which is easier said than done, unless you know what you’re doing.
Unfortunately, this is just the tip of the iceberg as to how to finish your game completely. Aside from collecting all available TMs and TRs, maxing out Watts and Money, and catching all Legends and Ultra Beasts in Dynamax Adventures, that’s most there is to it. Hope this gives you enough information on what you can accomplish, and have fun doing it!
If you have anything you want to share to add to this, be sure to leave a comment down below. Also, be sure to stop on by our Facebook Page, and say hello! As always, Stay Geeky!