Amber Heard, winner of the “Rising Star” Award from the Texas Film Hall of Fame and “Spotlight Award” winner for her part in The Rum Diary, now has practically more news, rumors, speculation, and innuendo than three Kardashians combined.
Depending on which website you follow (assuming you’re not following us for some odd reason) you may have heard the following about this up and coming Hollywood starlet:
- Johnny Depp has claimed that he occasionally took MDMA, magic mushrooms and cocaine with his wife Amber Heard.
- Amber Heard has asked a judge to dismiss the $50 million defamation lawsuit that ex-husband Johnny Depp has filed against her over an op-ed published in The Washington Post concerning domestic violence.
- Johnny Depp threatened to “burn” and “drown” his then-partner Amber Heard in texts, a court has heard.
- It has been alleged in a deposition from one of Amber’s friends in her ex-husband Johnny Depp’s lawsuit against her Amber had a threesome with Elon Musk and Cara Delevingne (which Musk has flatly denied) while still married to Depp.
- Amber Heard admits to ‘hitting’ Johnny Depp in an explosive audio confession from 2015, obtained by DailyMail.com.
- Depp claims he severed a finger because Heard was enraged she was asked to sign a post-nuptial agreement.
- Heard files a motion to dismiss the complaint, cataloging more than a dozen instances of abuse between 2012, when she moved in with Depp, and the May 2016 bust up that preceded their divorce. She refers to him as ‘the monster’ in the 300-plus page filing.
- Depp hits back against the motion to dismiss claiming Heard painted bruises on her face, scrubbed metadata and fabricated evidence against him.
In a poll taken on our Facebook page that received over 2100 responses, 67% said they wanted Amber Heard to be replaced as “Mera” in the next Aquaman film.
This case, now several years old, has brought to light numerous allegations of double standards throughout the Hollywood community, with people across the spectrum saying that if Depp were accused of this type of violence he’d be blackballed. Yet Amber Heard was able to land a role in 10 episodes of The Stand and still hold onto her role of Mera.
“If it was the other way around it would be a completely different story,” said Matthew Bennett.
“Amber Heard lied and tried to destroy Johnny Depp’s career and reputation. Now that the truth is coming out, there are still people who are willing to crucify him instead of making her accountable. She deserves consequences,” said Jason Gilbert.
“The crazy woman cut off Johnny Depps finger during an argument. Instead of being an actress right now, she needs to be in a hospital,” said Janice Boggs.
“The double standard here is ridiculous,” said Christopher Bogner.
We will continue doing weekly polls on the Facebook page, which welcomes all participants to let their voices be heard.